Category / The Clearing / Essay / The Clearing
When I was younger, I remember waking to hear birdsong outside my window.March 22, 2019
You May Also Like
- Fiona Sampson on LimestoneThe first in a series of podcasts planned for 2018. The poet and biographer Fiona Sampson talks about the magic of limestone countries. […]
- Uprooted by Robert Macfarlane & Adrian CooperAmid the political clamour since the Referendum, no one in power has yet spoken up for nature in the UK. […]
- Rachel Magdeburg – Milvus milvus: The reCAPTCHAWe are very pleased […]
From the Archive
- Karl O’Hanlon – Purdysburn HouseThe country house poem is sub-genre of topographical poetry popular …
- Under African Skies by Jini ReddyEngland was the country of my birth, but my parents, …
- Natural connections: memory and nature by Stephen MossIt’s only a photograph, but it’s one of my most …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
If you would like to send work to The Clearing, please email: email@example.com