Category / The Clearing / Interview / The Clearing
You May Also Like
- Evelyn O’Malley – Adventures in the Forest of ArdenEvelyn O’Malley is […]
- New Poems from Penelope ShuttleSt Clether […]
- Eddie and the Birds by David HigginsAt twenty months, Eddie is still interested in birds, but they now have to compete with larger and noisier entities for space within his imagination. […]
From the Archive
- Places of Poetry: Caernarfon by Gillian ClarkeTwelve-eighty-two, a hundred crow-miles south, they killed Llywelyn, while kite …
- Shepherd’s Watch by Melanie VietsI slip my hand deep inside the ewe. Reach in …
- Six Ashdown Forest Poems by Siân ThomasFrom Crowborough to gorse is a few minutes’ journey to …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
Owing to the large number of recent submissions we are not currently accepting new work. If you have previously submitted work, we will review it and get back to you.