Category / The Clearing / Essay / The Clearing
You May Also Like
- The Blasted Heath: loss and lawlessness in Middlesex by Jon WoolcottAmongst a tangle of roads, a little blue sign declares a bike path: “Heathrow Airport: ½ mile.” Who on earth rides to Heathrow? Today, I do. […]
- Four Ways of Looking at the CoastThis week […]
- A rewilding diary by Emily WarnerI found myself in a landscape still held in the tail end of winter. The birch, previously aflame with the colours of their autumn leaves, showed their exposed skeletons of deep chestnut branches... […]
From the Archive
- A Year in Kingcombe by Anita Roy: SeptemberThe world was alive, rushing and swooping along with the …
- New Poems from Mike BarlowWhen it rains in the hills the river down here …
- Bel Parnell-Berry – Traveller Identities in a Modern LandscapeRESEARCH DIARY: 10 APRIL So much for Fenland’s flawless …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
If you would like to send work to The Clearing, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org