Category / The Clearing / Interview
Helen Jukes’ debut book A Honeybee Heart has Five Openings was published last week. Here she speaks to Michael Malay about what it means to keep bees, to be kept by them, and…July 30, 2018
You May Also Like
- Places of Water and Weather: an Interview with Lucy WoodLucy Wood’s first […]
- Black Apples by Andrew KottingBlack Apples is inspired by Iain Sinclair's Black Apples of Gower. It was made in collaboration with Iain Sinclair and Anonymous Bosch with music by Buster Grey-Jung.
- New Poems from Isabel Galleymore and Ben SmithThis week we are […]
From the Archive
- Katherine Price – A Glimpse of the Heath: Parallax RegainedChainsaws woke me on the Saturday before Christmas. My neighbour …
- Two Marine Poems by Isabel GalleymoreThe Evening Shift 1. matronly strawberry sea anemone and …
- Ubiquitous Ash by Jos SmithSometimes things can hide from us in plain view. The …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
If you would like to send work to The Clearing, please email: email@example.com