Category / The Clearing / Poetry / The Clearing
You May Also Like
- David Crouch – An Essay in PlaceDavid Crouch […]
- Birdsong by Jay GriffithsIf I offered my notation, birds seem to sing the names of composers (particularly Russian) – Straviiinski, Straviiinski, or Tchaíkovski, Tchaíkovski, Tchaí! Sometimes chirping Tippett, Tippett, Tippett then calling low and sweet Keeats, Keeats, Keeats. […]
- Amanda Bell – TroutAmanda Bell […]
From the Archive
- A Peck of Dirt by Tim DeePaul saw his moment. He pressed the launch button and …
- South West Poetry Tour #4 – J.R. Carpenter & Camilla NelsonThe South West Poetry Tour was a 5 day collaborative initiative …
- Jay Griffiths on writing fictionTragic or comic, feathered or jewelled, Harlequin or Pierrot, all …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
Owing to the large number of recent submissions we are not currently accepting new work. If you have previously submitted work, we will review it and get back to you.