Category / The Clearing / Reading / The Clearing
You May Also Like
- Touchstones by Christina RileyThe pebbles lay there with every edge blurred in a gentle saltwater lustre. […]
- Under African Skies by Jini ReddyEngland was the country of my birth, but my parents, who were of Indian descent, were born in South Africa. […]
- Richard Skelton on his new filmIn 2011, exchanging […]
From the Archive
- Places of Poetry: STONE CIRCLE by Will Harrispoets liken things to other things which can lessen them …
- Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall on the Fat of the LandFor all these reasons, John Seymour’s is a voice that …
- A Year in Kingcombe by Anita Roy: AprilThe trees, still mainly leafless, maintained their wintery silhouettes, but …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
If you’d like to submit work to The Clearing, please email email@example.com . While we receive many submissions we will get back to you as soon as we are able.