You May Also Like
- A poem by Stephen WattsStephen Watts has published numerous collections, including 'Ancient Sunlight' (2014) and Republic of Dogs / Republic of Birds (2016). […]
- Beyond by Peter Reason and Sarah GillespieI cannot go to bed while the world is full of such haunting beauty, this twilight poised between day and night. […]
- George Ttoouli – Three New Poems
From the Archive
- An Interview with Horatio ClareHoratio Clare is a writer and broadcaster whose books …
- Yvonne Reddick – Towards Taw and Tor: Sources of Ted Hughes’s InspirationYvonne Reddick is Visiting Research Associate at Wolfson College, Cambridge, …
- Jay Griffiths on writing fictionTragic or comic, feathered or jewelled, Harlequin or Pierrot, all …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
Owing to the large number of recent submissions we are not currently accepting new work. If you have previously submitted work, we will review it and get back to you.