You May Also Like
- Leavings by Melanie VietsThe kids carry in well water for the baths and the cranky, gas-powered washing machine. […]
- An audience with Richard MabeyA filmed conversation with Richard Mabey to launch the Library. […]
- Landlocked by Francesca BrooksThere is a dampness that sustains the teeming, liveliness of life on every surface of this landscape. […]
From the Archive
- The Wild Nearby by Julian HoffmanWhat made them important to me was the sense that …
- Saltwater Zodiac (for Edith Rimmington) by Alex WoodcockAnd on Bexhill Beach where the veil, Of each day …
- A Year in Kingcombe by Anita Roy: FebruaryWhen I squatted down for a closer look, it revealed …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
If you’d like to submit work to The Clearing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . While we receive many submissions we will get back to you as soon as we are able.