When I was younger, I remember waking to hear birdsong outside my window.March 22, 2019
You May Also Like
- Luke Thompson and Mairead Dunne: from ‘the clearing’Four poems from 'the clearing' a forthcoming pamphlet written by Luke Thompson, illustrated by Mairead Dunne. […]
- Jean Atkin – Eglwyseg Day[11.09 am] path […]
- Eddie Procter – The Rhiws of the Black Mountains: Liminal Ways, Old Beyond Memory“The twins […]
From the Archive
- Deborah Fass – Two New PoemsDROUGHT Where last night I walked alone, past …
- Neil Ansell – The Myth of ReturnNeil Ansell was born and raised in Hampshire but …
- ‘Land Lines: Modern British Nature Writing, 1789-2014’Professor Graham Huggan and members of the Land Lines research …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
If you would like to send work to The Clearing, please email: email@example.com