Tag / adam nicolson
You May Also Like
- A Rewilding Diary by Emily Warnerthe whisper of shoals of fish at our ankles and the tug of the water around our chests. […]
- An Interview with Horatio ClareHoratio […]
- A Peck of Dirt by Tim DeePaul saw his moment. He pressed the launch button and the net cannoned over the gulls. They lifted as one as soon as it rose above them. […]
From the Archive
- Eddie and the Birds by David HigginsAt twenty months, Eddie is still interested in birds, but …
- A Sense of Wonder by Philip Hoare'We no longer camp as for a night’, the American …
- Shelter from the storm – remembering W. S. Merwin by Michael MalayIn this time of uncertain weather and relentless loss, to …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
Owing to the large number of recent submissions we are not currently accepting new work. If you have previously submitted work, we will review it and get back to you.