Category / The Clearing / Podcast / The Clearing
An interview with Abi Andrews, the author of the outstanding debut novel, The Word for Woman is Wilderness.January 29, 2018
You May Also Like
- Moon Palace, An Inuit Story of Transformation by Martin ShawThe only thing up there was a Moon Palace, where she made her home. […]
- Nick Groom – ‘Let’s discuss over country supper soon’ – Rural Realities and Rustic RepresentationsNick Groom is […]
- Karen Lloyd – Testing the SandsLast […]
From the Archive
- Taey Iohe – You, Me, Undone, London‘You, Me, Undone, London’ is a new work addressed to …
- Jack Clemo – Barney’s Tricks‘Barney’s Tricks’ was written in October 1937, when the …
- Poems from Heath by Penelope Shuttle and John GreeningTraversing ideas of landscape and time, treading new paths across …
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in all written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
Owing to the large number of recent submissions we are not currently accepting new work. If you have previously submitted work, we will review it and get back to you.