An interview with Abi Andrews, the author of the outstanding debut novel, The Word for Woman is Wilderness.January 29, 2018
THE CLEARING is an online journal published by Little Toller Books that offers writers and artists a dedicated space in which to explore and celebrate the landscapes we live in. Our contributors are encouraged to go forth and find distinctive visions that startle us, rural or urban, modern or prehistoric, industrial, post-industrial, fantastical, natural, political, however they come. But each must be meaningful, surprising, felt.
The editors welcome original submissions in written, audio and visual genres. Submission should reflect The Clearing/Little Toller’s concern with the natural environment, but within this broad subject-matter we encourage a diversity of interpretation and approach.
If you’d like to submit work to The Clearing, please email email@example.com. Please refer to the submission guidelines. While we receive many submissions we will get back to you as soon as we are able.
You May Also Like
- The Seven Mile Straight by Carrie Rhys-DaviesI am forty two years old and it’s a vividly hot afternoon early in September 2021. […]
- Seasonal Rituals by Philip StrangeThese late autumn starling displays have also become, for me, part of the seasonal rituals of Cogden Beach […]
- Losing Your Place by Sue Clifford and Angela KingQuesting for local distinctiveness must err towards the inclusive and welcoming, it is not about designating areas more beautiful or more derelict or worthy of grants. […]
From the Archive
- Heart of Oak by Dexter Petley1 Family Trees One September morning, I woke to find …
- Peter Larkin – Excerpt from ‘Eyes on Open Leaves’“Eyes on Open Leaves” was suggested to me by a …
- At the Very End of the Road by Phillip Edwards, an extract...fine nebulae of plovers high above loose weavings of lapwings …